In addition, Sadler collects information on businesses and non-profit organizations.
Please read the following information carefully because your continued use of our website or doing business with Sadler constitutes acceptance of our privacy practices. By submitting information to Sadler, (via an application for insurance, as part of a request to receive risk management reports, or otherwise) you consent to our collection and use of the information you disclose as described herein.
I. The Information We Collect
Information That You Give To Us
"Personal Information" means any information that, when used alone or combined with other personal or identifying information, can be used to identify an individual, family, or household.
Sadler is committed to collecting only the information that is necessary to provide services to you or to comply with applicable law. We receive, store, and process information, including Personal Information, that you make available to us based on our business relationship (or our potential business relationship) with you, or by using our accessing our Website.
- The information you provide to us when you submit an online application, including contact name, organization name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, website address, and social media information;
- Information necessary to underwrite and issue insurance policies;
- Online payment information for processing, such as credit card number and bank ABA number.
At present we do not collect medical information. However, should we decide to sell medical coverage in the future, and should your application include a request for medical coverage, we may ask for specific information concerning you medical history to forward to an insurance carrier.
II. Information We Collect Automatically from your Visits to Our Website
- Your visits to the Website. We collect information about visits to our Website, such as the number of users that click on certain links or use certain services. We use industry standard software to create summary statistics of the data we collect, which may then be used to highlight what our visitors find interesting, to improve Website design and usability, to identify system performance issues, or for other internal purposes.
- Log data: We receive information that is automatically recorded by our servers when you visit our website or mobile applications, including your Internet Protocol ("IP") Address. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer every time you browse the Internet. When you visit the website, our servers log your current IP address. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the website. We also use IP addresses to provide localized content to you on our Website, which is related to your geographic region. Your IP address is not associated with your Personal Information and we do not use it to identify you when logging IP address data.
The data we collect about website usage from cookies is not tied to your Personal Information and is only used in an aggregated form for the purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, and improving our website. When you use features on our websites, the cookie is associated with your Personal Information in order to provide you with a more convenient experience. We do not sell or transfer the data we obtain from cookies for any purpose other than to evaluate website usage or provide utility services to you, or to offer programs and/or services that you may be interested in.
You can limit the collection of certain website information by deleting or disabling cookies. Most Internet browsers enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Disabling cookies may prevent you from using specific features on our sites and other websites, such as ordering products or services and maintaining an online account.
III. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use Personal Information about applicants for insurance because a person's personal circumstances directly affect the benefits and premiums available for insurance policy coverage. Therefore, we ask you to disclose a significant amount of Personal Information when applying online for insurance on any of our sites.
We ask you for Personal Information in order for us to:
- Verify your identify to guard against identity theft with respect to any application we receive from you;
- Be able to provide you with insurance coverage customized for your unique needs;
- Ensure that we receive and accurately process your application;
- Contact you concerning your application and insurance policies and deliver your policy to you;
- Provide ongoing product offers via autoresponder and other forms of communication; and
- Provide ongoing insurance and risk management education via autoresponder and other forms of communication.
IV. Information Sharing
We do not currently sell, trade, rent, or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to third parties, other than to the following third parties and in connection with the following reasons:
- To the insurance carriers we contact on your behalf so that such carriers can process your application for insurance. These carriers are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to process your application;
- To payment systems to process payments you make through us. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to process payments;
- To our strategic partners for marketing purposes. You decide not to receive marketing-related third-party communications at any time by contacting us in writing as described below;
- If undergoing a business transaction; in the event Sadler experiences a business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, or selling a portion of its assets, Personal Information will, in most instances, transfer as part of that business transition;
- When Sadler has formed a good faith belief that disclosure of Personal Information is necessary to protect the rights and property of Sadler, or other Sadler customers;
- When required by law or regulation or when our legal counsel has a good faith belief that a warrant, subpoena or court order requires the disclosure;
- With your consent.
V. Aggregate or Generic Information
VI. Children's Policy
Sadler sites are not designed for use by children, as the business of insurance is generally not in the domain of children's affairs. We do not:
- knowingly collect data about children unless they are a named person or beneficiary in an on-line application, or in connection with our Accident Insurance product (when child participants are injured, we collect data about the injury;
- knowingly collect data from children, nor do we use advertising or presentation styles designed to entice children to divulge any information about themselves for any reason;
- knowingly accept or store personally identifiable information submitted by children under eighteen; or
- market, promote, or respond to or communicate with site users known to us to be younger than eighteen.
VII. Information Security
We use reasonable information security safeguards and techniques to protect the information you provide. When users submit sensitive information via this website, the information is protected both during transmission and in storage. Sadler uses prevailing information technology industry practices to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, and destruction. Such measures include the use of firewalls, encryption, and secure socket layers to protect sensitive transmissions of information received. In some areas of our website, we require a user ID and password to access certain information. To protect information off-line, access to the information you provide is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their business responsibilities. Your information is stored on secure servers protected inside controlled facilities.
Unfortunately, no information can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance the information you provide to us will be secure at all times.
Sadler does not have any responsibility whatsoever for the secure and effective operation of a) your computer systems (including but not limited to desktops, laptops, handheld devices, and networks), or b) any software installed on your computer systems, that you use to access this website and any Sadler services. Please employ reasonable security practices to any computer system or software you use to connect to our website, including:
- Protect your password as described below;
- Maintain (via updates and patches) the most current versions of your computer system, including your operating system, software, web browsers, and browser plug-ins;
- Install and update anti-virus software on all of your computer systems;
- Do not click on suspicious links, or open attachments from mysterious senders, and beware of email messages or websites requesting your personal information;
- Browse the internet securely.
VIII. Password Protection
Sadler does not disclose passwords to third parties; however, you are also responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your account number, user ID, and password. We strongly urge you to guard the confidentiality of your user name and password. Do not give your password to anyone, especially if asked to do so in an email or a phone call. Do not share your user name and password with any third party or any third party services, or use your password with any other website. Your password is your first line of defense against unauthorized access to your account. If your password is compromised, your information can be misused. Please take precautions to protect your password. If you believe your password has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
IX. Obtaining and Correcting Information and Opting-Out
If you wish to know the Personal Information we have obtained from you through the use of this Website or otherwise, or if you believe we have obtained inaccurate information about you, please contact us using the information provided in the "Contact Information" section below.
In some cases, we may contact you to let you know about new products or services that may be of interest to you.
X. Non-Sadler Websites
This site contains links to Websites outside of and not under our control. You should be able to tell you have linked to a non-Sadler website because we inform you with appropriate notice or the link launches a separate webpage. Sadler does not monitor or control the content or the security practices of these non-Sadler websites. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy practices, the security measures, or the content of any other such Website not under our control. When using a link to a non-Sadler website, we recommend you review the privacy practices and policies of the external website.
The privacy links to the vendors we use are found below:
Authorize.net is the service we use to collect information from customers:
EMPS (A division of First Data) is our payment processor:
Autoscribe is our Online Check ACH vendor:
XII. Contact Information
Sadler & Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 5866
Columbia, SC 29250-5866 USA
Last Updated: August 31, 2017